The Provicta Institute
To combat acute and chronic stress, build resiliency, enhance performance, improve long-term health
The Provicta Institute
The Provicta Institute was designed to build a movement of community support to help develop or enhance wellness programs through our platform of custom services:
- Body, Mind, Community
- Care Services
- Digital Performance Optimization
- Intelligent Training Services
Body, Mind, Community includes programs created by first responders for first responders that are tailored to provide education, training and consultation to build a community of ongoing support to improve the physical and mental health, resilience and overall wellness for police, fire and EMS personnel.
- In-service training covering: nutrition, exercise, sleep, general physical health and disease prevention/management, mental health and stress reduction, mindfulness, financial fitness, etc.
- 1:1 consultations with qualified medical professionals who are first responders or who are specifically trained to support first responders
- 1:1 consultations and training with mental health professionals specifically trained to support first responders
- Direct pipeline to concierge care and support through premier healthcare systems
- Development and training of Wellness Officers
- Wellness Programing Development – consultation with command staff, city administrators and elected officials
- Access to relevant online content and conversations
- Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) approved training credits
Provicta’s approach is designed to enhance and improve developing or existing programs so over time the need for our involvement decreases while your organization’s results and culture continues to improve.
Provicta is proactively working with premier healthcare providers to identify, recruit and train the needed medical professionals to serve and support first responder communities. This service is built on the need to ensure first responders are not only given the “right” care, but “timely” care eliminating unnecessary wait times and red tape. From primary to specialty care, Provicta’s direct pipeline into this concierge care model will align this workforce with properly trained medical professionals who understand their unique needs.
For the past two years, Provicta has worked with leading national experts to test the use of biometrics to measure stress in police officers. The results illustrated several compelling and important findings:
- Biometrics are an accurate way to measure a police officer’s response to stressful encounters
- Individualized baselines can be established through the Provicta Index™
- While each officer’s measurements were unique, the individual baseline allowed the study to track, measure and predict performance
- With the known impacts of stress on the human condition, qualified biometric monitoring and feedback using the Provicta Index™ can positively influence both training environments and field performance thereby reducing the negative effects of stress and improving the long-term health of first responders
- Optimized performance improves community relations and creates safer communities for all
With Provicta’s patent pending analytics and measurement techniques, our technology can measure and predict stress offering real-time feedback to optimize performance resulting in reduced stress and improved health.
At the core of Intelligent Training Services is the use of our Digital Performance Optimization platform. We have shown biometrics play an important and needed role in the measurement of stress and when used in conjunction with the proper training program, can help improve the performance of first responders. The trainers at Provicta can create customized training programs designed to optimize performance resulting in better and safer outcomes.